Just gone. Vanished. Without a trace.
How would your community be different without the influence of your church? Here are some questions I’ve been pondering in recent days, regarding such an event:
- Would my community be a darker place due to the abence of light emanating from the lives of our members?
- Would more people be hungry . . . homeless . . . poorly clothed?
- Would community organizations miss the involvement of our people?
- Would far fewer people be subjected to the life-changing message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Would people sense a loss of hope? A loss of spiritual healing? A loss of help during times of trial?
Or would most people go right on about their lives with no notice . . . no mention . . . no care about what happened to that church?
If the church is to be relevant to a lost and dying world, then these are questions that must be asked — and answered in a way that brings glory and honor to the name of the One who gives life . . .Jesus Christ himself.
What kind of questions are the driving force at your church? The questions we ask determine the answers we find.
Spend some time this week thinking this through . . . and take a moment to share your thoughts.