On Thursday, June 28, I will be the guest on My Journey of Faith, hosted by Jennifer Booth on BlogTalkRadio. We’ll be talking about the pros and cons of social media, particularly as it relates to Christians. This is a women’s program, so you men don’t have to admit to listening in.
There are a number of benefits we experience through services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, such as:
- Quick access to friends and family
- Opportunities to meet new people and make new friends
- Opportunities to share life together and encourage each other
- Opportunities to read articles and insights you wouldn’t find just anywhere
Of course, there are also a number of negatives as well, such as:
- Unfiltered, unhelpful, and often unnecessary communication of thoughts and opinions
- Opportunities to shout at others (even those we don’t necessarily know) IN ALL CAPS!
- Temptation to envy of others
- Temptation to develop inappropriate relationships
We’ll be talking about ‘Social Media: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I hope you’ll join us for what promises to be an interesting discussion for people of all ages (and genders). Click here to listen live. The program will be available on-demand afterward.
IT’S YOUR TURN!
What do you most like or dislike about social media?